PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck videos - help wanted
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2005, 14:14
Rossair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Flight deck videos - help wanted

I know that many of you watch these videos showing the actions of the pilots in a variety of aircraft during a flight from A to B.

I would like some help but this is an unusual request.

I am helping another 'high risk' industry deal with some human error problems that its teams are having when they are setting up to carry out a safety critical procedure.

Amazingly this industry does not use checklists immediately before they start their process and as result there is an unacceptable level of safety incidents and accidents.

I have been asked to run a training course for them. I would like to be able to show them a good example of a 'before take off checklist' being carried out from one of these flight deck videos.

Unfortunately there is some resistance from the workforce to the idea of using a checklist (" we know what we're doing, - done it hundreds of time without missing anything!" ) so I would like the video to show that it is not a difficult or onerous process.

If you think that one of these videos might suit my purpose particulary well I would like to hear from you. A contact address for a supplier would be helpful if possible.

The use of the checklist in the video should not be too long, the dialogue should be clear, not too many acronyms etc.

Thank you very much for any help you can give. Believe me, I am not joking when I say this may well save some lives.