PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI Revision (Ex4. Effects of controls)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2005, 11:30
FanPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Nick,

I read your original reply, but hadn't realised you had editted it since.

I have the Basic Helicopter Handbook already.

I understand where you are coming from. The book in the link has way too much information, but it is the only one that I can find that covers the syllabus that I have to teach.

I have to be able to prepare a board brief for the JAA PPL syllabus. I will be expected to draw the blade vector diagrams, but I am not sure if that is what is expected in Exercise 4. Also, I have information in my own original notes that don't appear here, such as a yaw when the cyclic is moved forward. Is this an ommision in the book or have I got confused. (An example, Some of my notes for some reason said that increase collective, nose yaws left, which on an R22 is actually wrong, yet I put it on my board brief (I couldn't understand myself why the nose (supposedly) yaws left, but it was in my notes, so that is what I used))

For the test, I have to be able to demonstrate I know the knowledge particular to the chosen exercise. This is usually much more information than would be presented to an actual student.

Because of my board brief incident, I wish to ensure that my notes are correct, with all relevant information for the exercise in question, hence my questions. Simply reading fact books with no bearing to lesson content won't really help me I don't think. Whilst the theory is useful, I have to follow the course structure.

FP.