PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air 320 Rostering!!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2005, 06:24
scanscanscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes inflames thoes of us that managed 26years plus as pilots at GF understand your deep fatigue and lifestyle on min days off.
You just have to decide if you wish to "Adapt and handle it" or resign like hundreds before you. No pressure.
It took me in retirement two years plus to recover from 17000hrs of Gf Tristar and B767 through 3.00am jet lag in smoke filled filthy cockpits and from the stress caused by the Gf inefficient admin.
I retired at 60 in May 2000 and missed the A320 event thank God.
The good news is your zest for life and health to the extent of actually feeling fit and good again does slowly return after " a nonpensionable wasted life at Gf?"... that is if a cancer or sudden cardiac arrest does not get you first.
I have spent several hours at funerals of ex GF crew in my retirement and IMHO these rosters produce a lot of premature mortality.
You will slowly become interested in life again and look back in amazement at the crap you put up with when your life only woke up if you were on fire, or a red light, horn and bells blasted you awake. Oh the bliss of warning letters in your mail box on your return from a long extended and then re extended trip.
The notes under your door on min rest, the telephone calls pleading for you to fly on your six days off a month sometimes only four and the "rules" say eight.
The people not available who are "in meetings."
The lifetime spent waiting in staff travel........ it all comes flooding back......I wonder if they need anyone for tonights MNL?
Is it still true they allow you a day off if you die and this is followed by a warning letter not to do it again and advise a deduction will be made from your paycheque?
Think about it....it could be a lot worse...you could have a Gordon Brown in charge who sold half of your countries gold reserves at $250. That is a real problem......

Last edited by scanscanscan; 6th Dec 2005 at 06:36.