PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2005, 03:42
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a very long and detailed discussion with Michael Mijatov about the NYC dispensation and i raised with him all the concerns raised by Lowerlobe and many other flight attendants.

What he said to me in brief is that there is nothing that has been raised in the pprune forum that has not been extensively discussed by the FAAA executive which comprises 13 senior officials of the faaa from all Bases.

What he also indicated is that the FAAA has undertaken extensive discussion with lawyers working for the FAAA and expert consultant lawyers about all the issues raised in here.

it is the view of the FAAA executive who voted for the dispensation that as much as they all find it distasteful that they have to recommend it to crew, that it is the only prudent advice that they can give after considering all the information at their disposal including information provided to the FAAA by the company that is considered "commercial in confidence".

I trust the FAAA whose offcials are all Flight Attendants, and their two employment lawyers on the staff who both have extensive legal experience in and out of unions to give us "CONSIDERED" advice.

They cant afford to be anonymous, nor can they afford to advise us to do something based on anger or frustration.

Michael also indicated that this would certainly not be the last concession that F/A's would have to make in the future to have job security but he said its about participating and managing the change together or having the company pursue individual contracts or worse givinig our work to AA JQ or domestic and making us all redundant.

He has my complete confidence despite the nervousness i feel like everyone else