PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this for real?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2005, 23:45
karrank

Mostly Harmless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks real. If you frig around with the URL and do some searches the 'asr3' pulls up some other surveys. I'll whack one in tho I wasn't invited There is nothing controversial there, just a survey of perceived effectiveness of each of the multi-pronged info attack and whether you got it or not.

'please contact x on or y on at xx, DOTARS' smacks of the same carelessly negligent approach to cut'n'paste displayed in the CTAF guidance material, so its a guarantee Mike Smith was involved in your email.

Example. The Septic document plagiarised suggests you should use a downwind leg spaced 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from the runway. Being Septics they mean statute miles, but its cut'n'pasted in the blurb as 1/2 to 3/4 of a NAUTICAL mile. Wrong. It’s the wrong distance and the wrong units. Short distances in Australia should be expressed in meters or tenths of a nautical mile, so if you really wanted to @rselick the Septics and implement their procedures for no real benefit they should say 800-1200 meters or 0.4-0.6 NM. Or they could have ignored the Septic fascination with fractions, (and who have to also keep it simple for the Arkansas fliers) and said 1000 meters or 0.5 NM.

(ps. After reading Wooms comment on individual passwords I won't submit a survey using the addressee's identity, and neither should anybody else.)