PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF? Bus go-around Monday Night 1930 est
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2005, 23:30
7gcbc
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF? Bus go-around Monday Night 1930 est

quick one ?, after work sitting on my balcony, beer in hand, love watching the dual approaches to 16L and 16R (I know sad sad sad, but can't help it - the days are long and the sound of the dak and beavers also add to the relaxation factor), noticed a bus on approach to 16L pitchup quiet firmly and definitely, donkeys spooled up, and I found myself muttering "clean up" under my breath.. a bit hazy and the sun was low so may have not been a QF

no big deal, it took some time and I did not see it clean up abefore disappearing behind the trees, later (5-8 mins) I saw same a/c heading back in on approach , question on the pitch up, it certainly looked dramatic from where i sat, and what is the length of time or sequence to clean up, or does the big TOGA button and little french computers do all that in their own time following a missed approach ?

my viewing point is 3-4 km off 16L approach around balmain, so the go-around would probably have been initiated around annandale/glebe.

no hidden agenda, curious to know if it was a training flight, delay on vacation 16L or R or whatever.

cheers

7gcbc