PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair waiting for line training
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2005, 21:11
delwy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks RYR123 for that. Your immediate respondents don't seem to have picked up that you were providing a warning. Having recently spoken to one of the many other pilots in this predicament at the moment - and who just follow the previous cadets, etc. who went through a similar predicament - can I just support the value of your adding this information here with the following observations:

1. RYR123's is not a second hand report - which we often see here.

2. What he says has applied to many pilots, past and present.

3. What many prospective Ryanair pilots don't realise is that the pilots in this situation are often bonded and find it close to impossible to leave. Alternatively they have borrowed large sums to pay for a rating.

4. What they also tend to miss is that such pilots are not paid until after they have completed line training - and even then the rate of pay can be very poor.

5. The "let them rot until we are ready" syndrome is part of the "put pilots in their place" and show them who is boss style of management beloved by Ryanair. It has the added advantage, learned from Eastern European cabin crew, that employees with debts tend to be well behaved and prepared to work very hard - even to the point of appearing to forget that there are rules involving fitness for duty.

6. The one thing I disagree about is that it reflects poor managemet. I can assure you that if the pilots concerned were costing Ryanair anything, they would become productive very quickly indeed.