PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WestJet
Thread: WestJet
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2005, 20:26
yoohoo748

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb SWEAT JET

It is a sweat shop. WestJet, or rather Canada. There is really only one carrier in Canada that is really worth working for, and I would be quite amazed if all the W. Jetters didn’t' have their CV in the pile. Much better pay, greater lifestyle. The lifestyle we have all worked so many years after. As a lover of Canada, I would love to be there, but I have chosen to take a tour of the world to explore, make some decent dough, and escape the Canadian tax system (is it not a killer?!!?!)

For those of you at WJ (or other low-cost/start-up) now, get your CV together and get it to A/C ASAP or overseas if you know what is good for you. The days of making good dough at WJ are over. While there are a few rich folks riding around in the 73, those days are over if you have not figured that out. WJ stocks are not worth it. And profit sharing? How were your last few cheques... especially after Jetsgo hit the ditch!!

For those of you with the min requirements for WJ; get your ass into A/C. Keep you asses out of low cost, low pay. Low cost does not have to mean low pay. Look at S. West. Are they underpaid? Not from what I hear.

There are a few reasons that the Canadian industry is in the toilet; miss-management is one, supply and demand is the other. The jobs are out there boys (and girls), but you might have to leave the country to get the one that pays. Don't be scared of crossing the pond, being over seas rocks.

AND>>> for those of you living in Calgary, living with your wife and two kids in a one bedroom apartment because WJ simply cannot pay the bills, give me a call.

Ciao for now, talk to you on the flip side.

Ex Canada guy.