PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius defies IFALPA
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2005, 20:00
qnh 1015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How a unique and open culture treats its staff......

Something that has been pinched form a thread "next door" about an "orange" operator in the Skies of HM QE2...

"First, this is based on the fact that the opening statement so true.

Why not just go 'sick' due to the beligerent, uncaring, hypocritical, stress provoking attitude from their majesties. For suitable treatment it is necessary to adjourn to the caring breast of one's true loved ones.

Call their bluff, or damp f@#t, and if they turn nasty, as is almost guaranteed, there is always the industrial tribunal lurking poised in the background. And, then again, there is always BALPA, for whom this type of negotiation was made; as is any union. This is not a poke at them, just an invitation for them to show their mettle. Even if this guy is not a member, the principle is worth fighting for and would be their greatest recruiting gambit yet. But please do not reply on this as a BALPA thread. This is much more about the gutless hypocritical management. Where is a REAL chief pilot when you need one? Perhaps a letter direct to the new MD might help. It used to work when sent to the Queen; but then again, the orange ones are a bunch of fairies.

Perhaps the new boss will accept the wonderful political opportunity to introduce a new fresh friendly atmosphere and wash away the poison of so many years.

Good luck."

Sounds like the local new guy in that outfit might still have a chance to get it right. Meanwhile, in Air Mauritius, NV has to be "officially" appointed at a special meeting of MK shareholders in a few days. He's been around for almost 2 1/2 months, but besides sweet talking us, has not done anything either for the pilots or for Ruslan in particular. If one had to examine what he has achieved for us, veterans of the blue skies, only one word exists: NOTHING! If I land in the grass tomorrow, my boss will skin me. Who is going to skin Neervan? The new Chairman? AF? BA? AI? I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel!

As a lot have already said, used to be a "great little airline". No more. Time to vote with my feet!