PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this for real?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2005, 13:01
OzExpat

PPRuNeaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is this for real?

I just received an e-mail titled "DOTARS study on changes to aerodrome procedures". It was allegedly sent by :-

Mike Smith
General Manager
National Airspace System Implementation Group
Department of Transport and Regional Services
Using the e-mail address :-

"Mike Smith" <[email protected]>

The text of this message is as follows :-

Dear Airspace User

On 24 November 2005 changes to procedures at non-towered aerodromes will become effective. We would appreciate it if you would help us to assess our training and education program by completing this five-minute survey.

Your responses will help us assess the effectiveness of the program and will also help shape future airspace training and education programs.

We hve engaged Australian Survey Research, an independent research organisation to collect and analyse the results. Your answers will remain confidential and at no stage will an individual respondent be identified in the summary report that we receive about the survey. If you request someone from DOTARS to contact you as part of your responses, Australian Survey Reseach will provide us your name and contact details in a separate file.

You will be able to see the results of the survey on the Airspace Reform website (www.dotars.gov.au/airspacereform) by mid December.

Please complete this questionnaire by close of business, Monday, 19 December 2005.

Before opening the questionnaire, please note:

- You can partially complete your questionnaire and return later as many times as you want within the survey period.

- After 180 minutes of inactivity your browser session will time-out. You will need to login again. However, you will get back any answers you saved previously.

You can access the survey in two ways - through the Internet or using the attached pdf. We prefer that you use the Internet. If you have internet access:

- Click on the link below or type the address into Internet Explorer.
- Enter the login and password provided below.

Survey link: https://www.asr3.com/sm
Your login: yyyxzzzz
Your password: 0000

If you do not have internet access, click on the attached pdf. You must be using Adobe Acrobat version 6 for the pdf to work automatically. Saving the pdf on your PC before answering will help improve the speed at which you can answer. At the beginning of the questionnaire there is some detailed information about how the pdf file works. Please take time to read this if you do not have internet access and are answering by pdf.

If you have any technical problems, please contact Australian Survey Research on 03 9578 5211 or e-mail [email protected]

If you have a question about the conduct or content of the survey, please contact x on or y on at xx, DOTARS.

Thank you in advance for your ideas and feedback.

Regards
I've ignored the spelling mistake that's contained in the body of the message, but am curious about two aspects :-

1. Use of the phrase "if you do not have internet access". Well, ummm, it's like this... I got this message because I have internet access! After all, it WAS sent via the internet... wasn't it?

2. What is the rubbish in the final paragraph, which I will repeat here :- "please contact x on or y on at xx, DOTARS."

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to participate in a genuine survey, but this sounds like spam. I'm not about to click any link in ANY e-mail that I can't trust.

Last edited by OzExpat; 6th Dec 2005 at 07:03.