PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzJet - Business is tough just after 2 days in
Old 5th Dec 2005, 06:43
Skystar320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu chuckles,

Your comments are noted. I have been around inside those BAe 146 of Ansett's and even managed to sit in the cockpit while dead - heading in those good old days (abeit very rare) but the pilots were complaining bitterly about their 'hot and high performance'

I remember back in 1997 I think while based in Sydney for a while it was common to see Ansett's BAe 146-300's VH-EWS & EWR run the SYD-OOL run while the competetion ran 737's. These aircraft were not ideally suitable for the kind of runs stick em in Perth and let them do the Mining charters, which there good at.

I cannot really see why Ozjet would want to touch the BAe146's especially when these aircraft have had a bad name in the Australian Aviation. There thinking of placing them on the Canberra runs? anyone shed light on that?

But what could they have chosen in place of the 146's? The Fokker 100's? you can still pick them up quite cheaply around the place. But when you have aircraft that are on your doorstep at a low purchase price, he could do no wrong!

I agree on the other person's post BankAngle50, he has chosen the wrong time of the year, and with losing cash like this well are we going to see another Ansett ?

I shall rest my case