PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HAI graduates/Offshore pilots
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2005, 05:48
The Governor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm amazed there is some much emphasis on getting hired by HAI after training with them. You don't go to University and expect to end up as a lecturer there. Go to HAI as it is a very good school in my opinion but don't expect to get a job with them.

Some many graduates do very well by leaving and getting a broader range of experience at other flight schools. More often than not they get flying turbine hours sooner then an HAI instructor would. Training at HAI is a good start to your career but working there is not important.

I was at HAI and now fly N.Sea and there is no doubt in my mind they are a very good, professional school.

It's absolute fact about the approach to training mentioned here already. If you're going to invest thousands of dollars/pounds in a career then why doss about like a bum and expect to get hired and have money thrown at you. BE PROFESSIONAL.

The most important thing is how you conduct yourself and how much you can apply yourself to the task. The school will help you get there but it's your attitude that counts. Expect to work hard, particularly if you want the UK license to return home to work.

Good luck and don't be put off if you want to do this. Lots of people thought I was crazy to spend everything I had on flying helicopters. They are the same people who now moan about how little I go to work, how many holidays I get and how much I get paid to do a job they would do for free. I guess life isn't fair.