PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2005, 15:13
pulse1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
John Blakeley,

All information gratefully received, thank you. I will try to prepare a suitable letter.

One of the problems you highlight in your report is one which is of particular interest to me. This is the problem with the DECU connector and I understand that, because of previous problems, it was normal procedure to check this connector every 15 minutes during flight.

Having spent a significant part of my working life investigating electric contact problems I am horrified that any one should put an aircraft into service without full confidence in such a critical part and in an environment where vibration could seriously degrade light duty contacts in a very short time. You would be amazed how quickly a precious metal contact surface can be destroyed even with electrical loads as small as 50 mA at 10 mV.

That an aircraft with this problem should be used to carry passengers is beyond belief.

Surely it is now time to start pestering our MP's to ask MoD why this aircraft was used for this purpose. If I thought that my son was flying equipment in this condition I would get very cross indeed.

I will let you know how I get on.

p1