PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI Revision (Ex4. Effects of controls)
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2005, 14:49
FanPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FI Revision (Ex4. Effects of controls)

Hi all,

Thanks to everybody that answered my previous revision question. I do hope I am not boring everyone with my questions. I think that revision of a topic is good for everyone.

Anyhow, I now have some Qs about Ex 4.

Please also refer to the book I mentioned in my previous thread. ( http://www.rnk.co.uk/himan/documents/Exercise_4.htm )

1. Ex 4. My original notes state that cyclic forward, yaws left. Does it? The notes in the link above make no mention, so to be safe, I have left them off my re-write.

2. Ex 4. My original notes state that raise collective lever, RRPM decrease. However, book (link above) states RPM increase, though book mentions throttle and correlator. I assume that my original notes are correct.

3. Anybody that has done the AFI course with Mike Green might be able to help me on this one...
I have...
"1. Further effect of Lever and Throttle" then a picture of an airfoil, with "Lift" (over airfoil), "Weight" (below airfoil), "Thrust" (at leading edge), "Drag" (at trailing edge) then "(Autorotation)" against the picture.

Now, I don't quite know what I mean with this. Is this supposed to be the vector diagram with Plane of Rotation, Axis of Rotation, Angle of Attack, Relative Airflow, Left, Drag, Total reaction etc???

Also, I have...

4. Cyclic Right Trim

5. Governor

6. Carb AC Temp Control

7. Low RRPM Warning

and no explanation at the side of them. I am assuming that these are just pointers that I discuss in the classroom.

Thanks again for your help.

FP.