PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HAI graduates/Offshore pilots
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2005, 12:32
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
I read the Ferret's reply most carefully... hence my BS call.

"The school notice board is normally full of N American job offers)..."

Translation - "Put them up there myself. "

If you read on to "then you will leave here at the end of your Visa time with a respectable number of hours."

Translation - "Here refers to the USA as a whole not our shool in particular. You may be able get a job with someone else and build some hours! No promises whatsoever however! I am sure you are willing to believe that US flight schools / operators prefer to hire expats on temp visas as there is such a shortage of low time pilots here in the US."

"The European helicopter industry is suitably small and of course we will probably know somebody in the area you wish to work - "

Translation - "I think I know someone working in Europe someplace. I have no pull with them however or I wouldn't be here myself."

"and assuming you merit it - we can recommend you!"

Translation - "Don't hold your breath. We took your money but have no duty to do anything for you - don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out the door."

I have seen too many schools who are less than forthright about employment opportunities after spending all that money. Sometimes the BS is also contained in how the prospectus is written or what is not said .