PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL or NPPL>!
Thread: PPL or NPPL>!
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2005, 07:56
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAFO

The problem is that you are wrong.

Most people entering flight training haven't got a clue as to the details of privileges etc. I certainly didn't, and I am not completely stupid. There is zero commercial incentive on the part of a training establishment to make what one might call a full disclosure.

The GA training industry also contains far more than its fair share of less than straight people.

If every punter who walks through the door was sat down and asked when sort of flying (if indeed they know at that stage) they want to do, and had the full costs presented at that stage, and was informed as so the available aircraft options, a lot of them would walk straight out.

In reality, a lot of people get a PPL and then they start learning. Not so much (as the saying goes) using their license to learn to fly, but learning how to get their hands on a plane which isn't falling to bits, etc. I started looking for a share to buy very early after starting flight training, because it was really really obvious that would be the only way to continue flying at that particular airport. But instructors did their best to discourage me.

So I don't think there is anything wrong with discussing this.

Last edited by IO540; 4th Dec 2005 at 08:29.