PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air 320 Rostering!!!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2005, 05:22
boeingdriverx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Trag!

How is boating doing ?

No seriously, I am also concerned about these wild roster changes. Becasuse it has a deep impact on our life styles and our family lives. I now lots of guys who are flying for christmas + new years eve even nightstopping. And most of them are not happy.

Flying for Christmas OR New Years Eve is ok but flying for Christmas AND New Years Eve is NOT ok. Get my point? Years ago I used to fly in a small operation, 5 aircrafts, 20+ pilots, in three years there I had never this kind of problem.

And now lets be fair, Gulf Air is a nice airline, I like it. People are good and nice, management is good, but rostering ruins everything.

But to be honest with all of you, I think it is not going to improve in the coming weeks and months... Let face it: look to all the opportunities in Europe, in India / Far East, we will have more guys leaving and I am afraid that the current "abnormal" situation will become "normal" operations...

I really wish Gulf Air to be successful, because competition is coming after us. I hope also that we will get a new HOFO as good as our current one...

Again, the next months will be interesting, so seat back relax and enjoy the ride !

BD