PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2005, 02:40
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Live to fight another day

I dont think what the FAAA leadership is doing can be called appeasment. I think if you are in a boxing match and you are hopelessly outmatched.... size, weight, reach, strenth as we are in long haul against Qantas ..then we have to be smart and not take them on head to head.

Given that now in that same boxing match the boxing rules are now in favour of your opponent (IR LAWS) and the refereee (AIRC) has been knobbled then if you want to go the ten rounds and collect your prize money you have to stay on your feet be fast and flexible.

For the ones out there that think that somehow its braver to go head to head and get mauled then i say good luck. You dont need the FAAA for that . Just go straight to Dixon and tell him what you think. Dont write on here lol be brave and take them on.

Dont know quite how you would do that without risking your home, your assets etc, coz any form of industrial action is illegal.

Under the new IR LAWs Qantas employees with probably never again be able to take industrial action.

So other than Industrial Action whats the Answer...????

I keep asking the brains trust in here whats the proposed alternative plan to the current FAAA officials but no one ever answers...

Its the same old crap about sell outs etc but realistically i want to hear the alternative plan not a lot of motherhood statements about standing up and saying no...

What does that actually entail....i want to see the plan before i am prepared to criticize our current officials