PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour Blindness (merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 09:43
Jet_A_Knight

Metrosexual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have a link(s) to the standards of how a Farnsworth Lantern Test is to be conducted (ie conditions etc)

I am an OZ CPL. A couple of years ago I failed my Farnsworth Lantern Test. The test was conducted in a nearly completely dark (except for a dim desk lamp for the optometrist on the desk BEHIND the lantern unit!). I was required to view the lanterns via a mirror in FRONT of me reflecting the lanterns BEHIND me. Also, there was some white light leakage around some of the lanterns which I questioned and the optometris said that was normal and 'part of the test'.

I have been flying on the dispensation allowed bythe CASA up to ATPL so far 2900hrs single pilot, of that 780hrs night and 300+ single pilot IFR. I have flown into major terminal area airports with all the trimmings and 'black hole' airfields with no approach lights or approach path guidance without mishap. So I suppose I am testament to the fact that being colour vision 'deficient' is not so dangerous.

I would like to resit my Farnsworth under proper conditions, so any help is appreciated (and sorry if i missed the info if i missed it in the previous 10 pages!)