PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colour Blindness (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2000, 16:00
150Driver

I decided after seeing several posts not to pursue the option of going for a medical in the Netherlands. I'll just wait and see what happens when I go for my renewal in May.

The CAA have never (to the best of my knowledge) taken away privilages once you have them, so they'll have to issue some kind of medical to allow me to continue to instruct. The fact that I can't do so once the sun's gone down doesn't particularly bother me.

Right now I'm happy working outside of full-time aviation, and many professional guys reckon that to be a fortunate position. I earn enough to go and play in the sky whenever I want, but at the same time I can keep current on 150s (wow) for free (+ of course instructing is rewarding + educational in itself).

If I thought it was worth my while making a career change, or if I have a mid-life crisis, then probably my (or your) best chance of success would be to get an FAA CPL/IR and find a light twin to build hours on (there are lots of N regs here, but alternativly the States or perhaps Australia). Then, with an FAA ATPL and lots of night hours it may be possible to convince the dear old CAA that I don't have a crippling condition. The Irish CAA might be another alternative - a friend tells me they may issue an Irish license in exchange for an FAA one. He can then get me on the Airbus (Irish register see) (sush-don't tell anyone).

BTW what medical have you been issued with & what does it entitle you to do ?

Any road up, I'm off to practise my aeros.
TTFN & good luck