PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gb Airways Meeting
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2005, 11:49
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So R3Hard would like to see the UK pilots T+Cs improve but also seems to find glee in the fact that BA pilots will see their 'six figure pensions' become worthless. A somehwat contradictory position I think. He also fails to explain how we are going to improve UK pilots T+Cs by allowing airlines to contract out their flying to lower cost operators, which is inevitably going to put downward pressure on those very T+Cs in order to win the contracts.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'freedom of the skies' but Easy and Ryanair have been free to start up long haul services to the USA and many other places for a long time. They choose not to do so because the long haul low cost model is unproven and doesn't fit with the short haul model. If you want to start the routes bring 'em on, just like EOS and Maxjet. Haven't seen them making a big dent in our premium yield to New York.

Anyway you don't say who you work for but are 'beating BA on just about every route' which I find rather hard to fathom because only bmi and the Europeans are competing with BA to LHR and market share is holding on the LGW routes. Perhaps its for the best that you hardly visit this site anymore.