PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small charter company interview
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2005, 04:13
JetABro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's your first job then I wouldn't worry about an instrument rating, it's unlikely to be needed right away and IFR over there is a bit different (better of doing it over there when you need it). Your money would be better spent going to the places where the operators are (northern Australia mostly), buy a car and go see them all. Right time, right place will most likely be what gets you the job. So being there is a good start. It's a great idea to do a couple of flights to understand the different way they operate (but don't worry it's not so different). It might be best to do it in the area that you are likely to be operating so you can get a feel for local procedure. This will also be helpfull to get some inside knowladge on the area, ie: operators/people to talk to, who's hiring, who not to wok for, etc. Also you will need to get use to the kiwi jokes, their nothing personal, it's just some Aussies dislike us (I think they fear our superior intelligence?fs!!, but be careful, some don't even understand sarcastic comments!!)
Oh yeah, you will need a few bucks to buy beers, sometimes this is the only way you can get some people to talk to you (CP, other pilots, etc), it's a great icebreaker as well. But be careful, make sure your not the one that gets drunk, never a good look when they don't know you!
I hope that helps and all the best.

Last edited by JetABro; 3rd Dec 2005 at 07:25.