PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzJet - Business is tough just after 2 days in
Old 3rd Dec 2005, 02:54
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MONK probably if there was a nett input.

All we are talking about here is a cynical attempt at redistribution of high revenue income and employment amongst the airlines.

I'm not so sure everyone is keen for them to fail either, just that they don't think that backwards is the way to go.

If they were introducing new low fares, new equipment and infrastructure that would stimulate nett new business fair cop, we already have a pretty vigourous market there.

The nature of the setup is such that there is no long term commitment beyond some "words".
Exit strategy is the aircraft go to the desert and get parted out and hopefully the creditors get out square and the pilots are forgiven a debt for an obsolete type on their licence...

The only benefit might be that QF and DJ will get off their hands in regards to "J" class and my reading of Australians tells me when the fare difference gets down to double digits and/or the service goes ballistic, that's where they will go.

And the next boom bust cycle starts, which in my book = nett loss to everyone. There is IMHO, much to be said for an orderly market in these things.

Win lose or draw, it will not be us but the business and novelty market that Stoddart reckons he has sussed, who will be the final arbiter of his bona fides.