PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - Do they care about their passengers?
Old 2nd Dec 2005, 23:42
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSR2, sorry I'm becoming as bitter & twisted as those I work for! quote"from what SHOULD be the most respected group of employees" Note the word I have highlighted ,and you will see the problem here;in a nutshell they neither respect us ,or indeed give a monkey's what we think. Any suggestions such as "wx is below minima at AAA, do you want to think along the lines of setting up the coaches to take the return pax to BBB if we divert?" is met with "well by the time check-in is closed, and the bus goes AAA - BBB, you'll have a big delay to come back & & & etc etc" by our ops, because that is what they are told to do,even if it is the last rotation of the day & no probs with knock-on delays for next rotation/crew. So after a while we give up making helpful suggestions & just do what we are told,which is of course what they wanted in the first place.Can't speak for anyone else, but personally I find it all a bit heartless & wonder how many people (especially those that have an "understanding" employer like RYR ) have received the silver-bullet for failing to show up for work after an extra day (or several) away, courtesy of our policy.But what to do eh?