PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2005, 12:42
panda-k-bear
Bear Behind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
madbadrob,
I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in Asia writing this having flown out from that particular neck of the woods. I have a fully flex business class ticket as is required due to my job - and I am very far from the only one in that position. I'm looking at my ticket right now and it cost the high side of four and a half grand, so 70 quid is neither here nor there and certainly not worth the time I'd waste getting to LGW or LHR. To me, HUY saves me time, it saves me effort and it gives me access to a global network the likes of which I'd have to travel half way across the country to get access to if only DSA were there and not HUY (I'd end up in MAN or London somewhere). To me it is invaluable and also to my not inconsiderable quantity of colleagues - about 1500 of them - not to mention stacks of oil traffic (I'd love to see the O & D figures from HUY to the Middle East and to IAH). Try to get a seat on the HUY AMS flight more than 10 days out - it's hell! Most traffic is business and connecting so saving a couple of hundred quid and wasting an extra half a day just is not worth the hassle... It took me the best part of 20 hours to get here already, with a neat 1 hour 10 minute connection in AMS. To have to travel another 4 hours and suffer the queues at LHR? No thanks!