PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - Do they care about their passengers?
Old 2nd Dec 2005, 10:31
Bigscotdaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course Ryanair don't care about passengers.

O'Leary clearly stated that on national television over a year ago when he was being interviewed on BBC's 'Watchdog'.

He quite calmly said, that if passengers were getting air travel 'that cheap', then they had no right to expect any kind of customer service etc. and he didn't give a damn if they liked it or not!

The problem nowadays is that passengers don't seem to be aware of the difference between other Airlines and Ryanair. They wrongly assume that the attitude towards them will be the same, when, of course, there is no such similarity, and, I must say, none is claimed.

I, myself have been caught out by the temptation of cheap flights with Ryanair and ended up being abandoned in a foreign Country with no explanation or assistance other that an offer of 'next available flight' (which certainly would not be the next day), or a refund.

I accept that I had no 'comeback' and it would have been naive of me to expect otherwise, having read the conditions of carriage. I must confess that that did still not stop me from being extremely angry at the time, and I resolved never to use the Airline again.

As long as people are aware of these risks then Ryanair is fine. The trouble is that few people ARE aware!