PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE
Thread: HUMBERSIDE
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2005, 03:55
madbadrob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finningley forum accepts anyone and we have a Humberside lad that I know of posting. He gets no flack at all and in fact we welcome his posts. We would welcome more people posting on the site with open arms. After all an enthusiasts site is not good with out enthusiasts. Also we do tend to get carried away with OUR airport that at times we do need someone without a vested interest in it to bring our feet down to earth.

I for one have no problem with HUY even if they were the biggest Say NO to DSA lol. I think HUY have a few years left yet and the flying club will bring in more people also.

If I had one criticism of the airfield actually it is two. The first there is no decent place to get a great view of arriving departing aircraft that I have found, second is the terminal leaves a lot to be desired from an enthusiasts point of view.

I have to say though that HUY will fail unless a loco operates there because people will always go for the cheaper option. I would also like to see KLM return to Doncaster. Yes they did once operate out of Doncaster long before DSA arrived

Rob

darn it. I meant to post the addy for the DSA forum

Here it is http://airport.proboards45.com/index.cgi

Rob