PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civvy Circuit Size
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 23:03
DubTrub

100 circuits I think worked out at 40 seconds a go!
Not standing starts to full-stop, shirley?

Fuji that's a good point, somewhat in my thinking, and no, I do not advocate the cross-country circuit. But in the permit rules, what is the definition of "in the process of taking off and landing"? It has never been tested in court.

How willing is Fuji to stand up and say that downwind, several gliding-distances away from a safe landing, that you are "in the process" to land? I venture to suggest that if you are above 500 feet, a jury would not agree, but then I am not a juror. I might, however, be willing to be invited to jurisdict over a case of a pilot "endangering" by flying outside their aircraft's limitations by being so distanced. Just my opinion.

One of the reasons I go to the smaller airstrips (eh, Mono?) and to the smaller airfields like Popham is that they suit my kind of flying better than other airfields of grander stature.

I guess even as pilots, we have a certain choice; so if particular pilots like particularly large circuits, they can visit airfields that advocate so. I choose not to visit such airfields. I unreservedly retract any adverse comment previously posted about circuit size, since I have a choice not to visit there, but I retain my opinion on circuit shape (and apologies for the thread drift).