PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie swings his axe
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 22:50
sixmilehighclub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are flying staff in BA who need to be tackled into proper productivity, and they ain't pilots!
Rainboe. I'm wracking my brain to decide who you could mean. BA no longer have flying spanners, do I assume you mean the cabin crew? Now Rainboe thats not a good demonstration of effective CRM!!!

As you may know the CAA has minimum requirement for crew on board and BA increase this to tailor to the service, so customers are better cared for by ratio.

Now if you were implying flying hours are less than pilots, thats a whole different story. Infact I'm sure that if a pay deal was offered to the cabin crew too which agreed increase of hours........

Don't forget the cabin crews job is both physically and mentally tiring.

If you mean the days and hours available that crew can work and within the agreements already in place are not used productively, well then yes I agree.

I meant going from the SAS Radisson/Sheraton whatever to an Ibis, Days Inn or a Holiday Inn Express etc.
The negotiated discount on the rack rate makes the costs for accommodation surprisingly low.

Also I worked for an airline where there were 2* hotels used. Morale was terrible onboard. Crew didnt want to go away. They couldn\'t sleep as the quality was poor. Food poisoning was often an issue....