PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ngukurr Grounded......
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2002, 07:49
Northern Chique

PPRuNe's Paramedic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking from personal experience, CASA are not likely to divulge details of investigations prior to them being completed and acted upon if necessessary, not even to primary witnesses so the likelyhood of finding out what the CP is being charged with is slim unless he says something directly.

If the information CASA have been provided with is correct and able to be proven they may choose to act further. Any rumour or inuendo may cloud such an investigation, wasting time, money and resources of both the company in question and CASA.

Sure, there are times when CASA appeared to have their facts slightly skewed but there are operators who for the greater good were shut down to be replaced eventually by a hopefully better one.

It still in the end comes down to the pilots. Are you operating purely to gain hours or are you flying to the high standards which are expected by the innocent clientel. Pilots have a choice.

Its my family you guys are flying around now, I dont want them flying in a VFR aircraft in IFR conditions, flying in a twin which mandatory instruments are U/S, or flying with pilots who take risks just because they want the hours or the boss hasnt paid the fuel bills thus limiting the refuelling points.

Let CASA do its job, limit the rumour to substaniated fact. If you have information give it to the relevent folks to do what they can, and lay off the mud slinging. Ive been in the industry a short time compared to most, but its long enough to see friends killed and families morn for loved ones lost in the ingorance of "business" and "collecting hours for the logbook". Sobering yes, but its preventable, if the right information is given to the appropriate people.

Thats my two bits...