PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie swings his axe
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 11:26
Team Player

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holiday Inn Express, Ibis etc are all open 24 hours.
Now you know as well as I, that the "open 24 hours" means there is usually (only) ONE person, somewhere on the premises - generally zzzzz'ing in a lounge chair.
And that "24 hour reception/switchboard" means the answering machine intercepts all calls during those zzzzzzzzzzzz hours of the sole caretaker.

check-in/check-out around the clock...........Again having stayed in them this is not a problem.
Check-in late = your key's under the door mat in front of your room.
Check-out early = leave the key in the drop-off box, and we'll post your company the bill for the extra telephone calls, mini bar, and room service.

guaranteed minimum noise levels to rooms allocated to crew (nighttime and daytime).............Having stayed around Europe in hotels in a previous life this a joke right?! Nobody can guarantee minimum noise. Depends on your neighbour and who is walking down your hall, the area of the city etc etc....
Larger hotels can guarantee that you NOT be allocated a room that's going to have a wedding reception, or birthday party in the next room - which in cheap motels is often only a 1 brick thick wall.
Other considerations are garbage collection, and the usual "disco", or function room, above which the cheapies are placed.

I'm sure ...I'm sure ...I'm sure....I'm sure..
Well the BIG hotels go further than "I'm sure" - they GUARANTEE, because they have the flexibility.
Most of the types of hotels/motels you have mentioned, Scottie, are single owner Ma and Pa franchises, relying upon immediate settlement rather than 6 monthly account billing.