PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie swings his axe
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 10:09
Scottie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reliable 24 hour contactability to allow airlines to advise crew of schedule disruptions, crew changes, or for crew to contact the local station manager to advise of crew unavailability;
Holiday Inn Express, Ibis etc are all open 24 hours.

check-in/check-out around the clock;
Again having stayed in them this is not a problem.

guaranteed minimum noise levels to rooms allocated to crew (nighttime and daytime);
Having stayed around Europe in hotels in a previous life this a joke right?! Nobody can guarantee minimum noise. Depends on your neighbour and who is walking down your hall, the area of the city etc etc....

checkout times that suit the motels' room servicing time guidelines.
Ibis/ HIE are hotels although 2 star. If they want the contract they'll bend to it.

Motels and small hotels of the sort mentioned by Scottie usually charge a cancellation fee for no-shows.
I'm sure with a big contract this can be negotiated in.

The contracted rate, paid by the airlines for their crew accommodation is usually considerably LESS than that charged by motels and the smaller hotels.
I'm sure if they were getting such a large contract it could be negotiated in.

Stand firm and keep that BALPA membership up

As a regular user of this grade of hotels it really make me aware how little my company values me. Normally stuck in the middle of no where.

Edit
Scotty had a post - now deleted - indicating that "his loco might like to put him up in nicer places"

So are you saying those places you suggested are not nice, Scotty?

Unlike your loco (I suggest), airlines are able to offer a large volume of supply on a daily basis, year in and year out - bread and butter that the hotels which have the crew contracts can count on as REGULAR income.

Is there some petty envy of working conditions of flight crew flavouring your posts, Scotty?

[Last edited by Team Player on 1st December 2005 at 11:06]

*** I deleted the post as I wanted to say more but needed to delete it in order to see the rest of the thread (if you follow).

Teamplayer you're damn right the places easyJet puts us up are not nice. They're bare minimum, just on level of acceptance.

However we can supply the volume of business and do to a hotel call the Ramada Jarvis near Luton. This hotel is a pit. Affectionately known as the Rwanda Jarvis or Ramharder Jarvis. We probably have 40-60 rooms there a night used, maybe more. However there are nicer hotels around but we end up there.

Is there petty envy? Well I don't know about petty but there is certainly envy. However I in no way want BA to be put up in such hotels which is why I said stand firm and don't let WW pick you off.

Better conditions in BA mean better conditions for the rest of us.

However for a Teamplayer you sound off like a pointscorer.

Last edited by Scottie; 1st Dec 2005 at 10:25.