PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 09:50
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Thread going around in circles!

Surely the reason AEU want experienced FO's is to preserve a healthy mix within the company, take the pressure of the LTC's, make life easier for the rostering dept, provide a benchmark for upgrade candidates and give ordinary line Captains a proven product to work with.

We all know the experience thing is not only limited to the a/c handling but also interaction and exposure to the whole work environment.

The fact that the company advertises externally is no reflection on the quality of internally trained candidates, many of whom have job external job offers subject to completing their 100hrs.

Even though larger outfits like FR may appear to be hoovering up all the low hours guys, within the company as a whole the balance is in favour of experience, with average fleet time probably nearer 800hrs per FO on type.

One also has to take on board that a lot of the Bond guys do not do 100hrs, which means they may tie up and experienced pilot to act as "safety" for all 10 sectors, this in it's self creates an internal shortage especially when you look at the types of route and destinations the company operates.

From the outside looking in.. I would say AEU operate one of the fairest employment schemes of any airline, long may they continue!!!!