PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 06:49
747 Downwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will say this once again meeb (for the benefit of the original post and this forum, and not for you), please read my post again and try not to jump the gun.. makes yourself look silly:

At Astraeus the first four line sectors are conducted with a TRI/TRE.. yes I am well aware that this is a higher qualified role, and yes they are all line training captains (if current) as well. After the initial four sectors are completed (and to the satisfaction of the TRI/TRE) then the remainder of the 'line training' is completed with a Line Training Captain. After passing the line check you are then cleared to operate with any line captain (whether it be TRI, TRI/TRE, LTC, Line Captain etc) blah blah blah this is boring me.

I am only stating what happens at AEU.. seen as I have no evidence that the four sectors with a TRI/TRE is a CAA mandatory requirement, I can not speak for other airlines (I just don't have the knowledge or experience). Therefore, I can not see how I exhibited a degree of ignorance regarding training. As opposed to ignorance in other areas.. well I am human, and instead of sitting there like a pompous fool, correct me if I am misinformed.. take a look at Scroggs and monitor his posts. He corrects people whilst maintaining a degree of respect. This forum is about helping and teaching people. And yes you are right about the amount of limited line flying SOME TRI/TREs.. they do speak to me you know, just like all the other guys!

With respect to the 'shed'.. Shorts 360, it is always going to get jokes (just like a Skoda.. doesn't mean they are bad cars nor are Shorts 360's particularly bad aircraft), it's a joke mate, chill out.

Now if I still stench of ignorance then please feel free to publicly correct me.. the initial aim of this thread was regarding AEU recruitment.

If anyone wants any info on the success rates of students in employment I would be more than willing to offer that, or indeed other schemes that my friends have gone through (CTC, instructing etc). Keep well and good luck with the job hunting

747 Downwind