PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2005, 06:46
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unbelievable

What amazes me about a small number of flight attendants is their utter stupidity.

The world is closing in around us industrially, Governments that are so right wing that we are turning into Singapore, the majority of flight attendants voting liberal, and we are reaping what we have sewn.

Yet, do we become even slightly introspective and consider how we have all contributed to our dilemna and how we can work together to survive in a diabolical environment...NO!!!

Lets pick on the people we elected to do the best they can for us..The FAAA Exec team....

I dont mind critisising those that have choices and make bad ones, but what i wont do is criticise the only group of people standing up for us..

They put their names on newsletters and are not anonymous.

They risk their promotional opportunities to stand up against the company. One of the current exec had to apply 8 times to get the CSM job and i am sure that it wasnt coz he was incompetent, but maybe coz he stood up for flight attendants a little to well.

Get with the program, we as flight attendants can either be part of the solution or remain part of the problem.

We currently have about 30 FAAA elected officials who are all doing their best for us while continuing to manage work and family commitments like the rest of us.

I dont have the answers to be honest about whether we can save our jobs beyond the next couple of years but i know one thing...i wont be attacking the only people who are actively doing something to try and keep me in a job as a flight attendant.

I dont like some of the changes that have happened or will happen but i will do my best to adapt to the changes rather than try and find another job under howards grand new plan.

if anyone has something constructive to suggest as a way forward to PROTECT long haul jobs from AO Jetstar and Short Haul then i would be glad to hear it.

I dont think that all of us going sick on XMAS day will save our jobs either