PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wearing yellow fluorescent jackets at FACT
Old 30th Nov 2005, 21:09
FO Gyro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wearing yellow fluorescent jackets at FACT

Has anyone else been hassled by ACSA staff to wear yellow flourescent jackets when walking from the a/c to the terminal building?

A couple of days ago, as aircrew in uniform, they gave me hard time asking where my yellow jacket was. I said to them that if I was walking from the a/c, heading for the side security gate, without my jacket, would that be ok? She said yes. Apparently you are not required to wear the jacket if going out of the airport through this entrance. I said to her, with tears in my eyes, why can I walk all along the apron, which is some distance, not wearing a yellow jacket, but be in the wrong for walking a short distance from say A7 to the building? The logic here makes me really shake my head in amusement!!!

Another one is they make you put your flight bag through the scanner on the way out as well. I often argue with them and say that I am not scanned if I use the domestic arrivals hall, so why now? Again the logic fails here again. Out of principal for the lack of logic, I refuse to put my bag through, saying I will use the arrivals hall to access the parking lot. They often don't know what to say. Why would I take a bomb off the aircraft to blow up my house! Again, crew just getting hassled unnecessarily.