PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government calls for Ansett inquiry
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2002, 09:10
Spad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy… if said inquiry were to go back as far as a year I’m not allowed to mention here - (but it was thirteen years ago – there, slipped it in) - and really got to the bottom of what went on in (or should that read “wrong with”?) Ansett then, that would really open a can of worms.. .. .It’ll never happen of course, because there are far too many skeletons in too many still-occupied closets. When the Bodgie, the current Leader of the Opposition, (God help us all!) and few other not so minor players all finally cark it, (and when Rupe or his spawn no longer dictate what may and may not be printed in Australian newspapers), maybe the truth will come out. (I’m not holding my breath though.). .. .However, if it does, going on past performance, who among the Great Oz Unwashed will give a damn? . .. .And the same will apply to the current AN debacle. They’ll prevaricate (or far more likely, nobble the terms of reference of any such inquiry to a point where it will be near useless) until the last of the main players with anything to hide has safely picked up his parliamentary pension or last directorship stipend. And maybe then they’ll release a carefully sanitized version of the truth - . .. .But by then, the outraged thousands of AN ex-employees/creditors will have died, dissipated or ‘got on with their lives’. . .. .… and you know what? If there are a few ‘Sept oh wunners’ still stirring the pot screaming for justice, guess what the majority of people then will say to them? Something along the lines of “It’s ancient history. What’s it got to do with our lives/Australian Aviation today? Put it all behind you and get a life or your bitterness will make you ill.”. .. .Something like that.