PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lose the house to fly, should I?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2005, 13:22
jobsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to say that i am not looking for justification/reinforcement, merely looking for people opinions.

I find that if you chuck an idea out and let people thrash it around you can maybe find an angle to look at a problem you might not have considered before.

At the end of the day i know i would like to fly, I know that i will never be happy chasing the pound sign and would rather do something that i enjoy. To what level i end up flying is still one for deliberation.

I have allways been impressed by people who go out and achieve through adversity. If someone were to come and say dont do it unless you have a hundred grand i would listen. I would also want to hear from people who said they had done it on a shoe string and lost the wife/kids/car/house/cat in the process.

So Sans Anoraque, i appreciate your opinion, you stated above all that has been said that you would do it in a very short response that to me says your are confident in your decision. Which in one way answers my question.

Sorry, didnt get to see the last reply as i was still writing.

Thanks for that, another man in a similar position. The banks will allways get money from you, but it sounds like a good approach. I recentley borrowed on my property to carry out work to increase the value of the property all with the banks money. They win, I win.

Now if age were not a factor i would be doing this six or seven times and having the house and paying my way through flight school

As for the class one, i need to get it done, no class 1 no job, at which point i sell up, buy a caravan and live on a beach doing odd jobs to get me by. I have had a lot of medicals in my time so i dont fore see a problem.