PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2005, 12:30
Deepsea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VAMP,

IMHO, just be yourself. You can try to "pretend" to be someone else and clear the interview, but somewhere down the line, things will catch up with you.

Remember, the panel are seasoned pilots. They have seen hundreds and hundreds of applicants and CAPT M has seen batches and batches of pilots from interview till they pass out into the fleet and he still "sees" them. Like it or not, he knows what he wants and if he sees through your pretense, that's integrity problem and you are history.

But there is still some prep that can be done. Read up on the facts and figures. Its unforgivable if you don't know a 777 from a 747. They look for attitude and passion. Knowing all the answers is not important. Its the spirit to learn that they want.

Just to share, my interview had a guy from MFA who I believed "aced" the interview. He was able to answer highly technical questions that I know nuts about. Turbines, diesel, flight physics....blah blah blah. Didn't make it.

Another guy, couldn't remember who his YFC instructors were, but admitted it gracefully. Askedl why the Piper has 2 magnetoes and how they are wired. Attempted with what he knew, then siad " that's all I can remember sir, I should not try to bull you." But he made it. Training with 114 now.

Yet another one, was asked about diesels engines cos he works in car sales. Answered ok, but CAPT M went on to ask about the compression ratio....Of course he freaked out. Heard CAPT M shake his head and said "pity, such fundamentals".....

But he held his head high, said he will go read up. now with 115.

All the best in your interview. Rest well before the first day.

JERRY MAGUIRE,

I am also waiting for my current bond to end. I like your last statement : Some born, some toil. But both succeed. Hope we will be batch mates someday.