PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lose the house to fly, should I?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2005, 11:02
jobsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lose the house to fly, should I?

I do know that what I ask has been asked a great deal of times but please bear with me. I have been a regular reader and have seen a great deal of the options that are on offer. But I would like to ask for opinions.

My situation is that I am 30 years old, single with my own house. I have several years of aircraft engineering experience with the RAF and have recently moved to an office job, which by all accounts does not float my boat.

Now if I were to sell my house I could walk away with 50 thousand or there about. If I wanted to get into flying, namely multi engined jets what would be the best course of action? Is the money enough and what are the prospects upon getting a job?

If there is an opportunity then I am willing to sell up and chase the dream, it would mean I am without house and I would leave the job, but there are courses out there and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

One other point is that I need mild correction for my eyesight, low prescription for extended work in front of the computer monitor, apart from that I am medically fit and able.

Above all what do you think would be the best course of action in this situation?

Many thanks.