PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European flying job market
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2005, 01:55
B767PL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question European flying job market

Hello thar.

I am a 19 y/o working on my instrument, about 1 more month to go if all goes according to plan. Then I plan on continuing my flying up to CFI and start building time etc.

I currently live in the U.S.A. I was born and lived in Poland for 5 years, then moved here. I still go back almost every summer or whenever I can. I would like to move back to Europe upon finishing school, and my time building period instructing, maybe up to 900 hrs, 250 multi-engine, in that neighborhood, or more if necassary.

How is the airline job market in Europe? How is hiring? I would love to go back and live in Poland and do my flying for a European airline. A Polish airline would be excellent, but from what I hear, its almost impossible to get into LOT without some serious connections. Central wings I would mention but who knows if they will even be around then still (about 4 years from now).

Anybody with any knowledge or info on what its like across the pond (where most of you are) fill me in please. Is the demand for pilots in Europe higher then in USA, or North America?

Thanks for any info.