PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview with CAL/Cal Expats/Happy at Cal? - Merged
Old 29th Nov 2005, 19:46
BusTie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
29 chevy.....

for a guy that has a "29chevy" for his name you sure talk too much, and trying to evaluate jobs in Aviation. From your post is so clear that you are a typical north American with union written all over you. look up the word pro-phe-shinalizim (I wrote the way you would understand)

for the rest of you guys that wanting a proper answer:

Blue-Footed Boobie

as long as you have some transport cat. jet type or time you DO NOT have put 20K. that simple. and no you do not need to have the same type as they fly.

swamp monkey

I had an e-mail from HR just a week after submitting my application on line, and within 4 weeks I was in TPE.
They pay for you travel and hotel. (no meal)

There is no point in joining CAL with the intention of jumping ship since a new type rating with CAL is not recognized with any ICAO couturies.

but you can always take your experience and time on type and go to Emirates, Etihad,....etc.

the pay;

every Dec you get another month's salary.
one overtime flight lets say TPE-LAX-TPE gives you about 28 hours block time which comes down to $1,500 USD. that you can add to your salary for that month. and as long as you are willing to fly more, all you have to do is let them know and you get it.

the contract is for 4,660 (70 hours) divide that and you get about $67/hr now times that into (the 28 hours LA trip) you get $1864 less than 20% for tax leaves you $1,500 USD.

These are the facts for those of you that willing to read other pilots "professional" comments and plan your life accordingly.

Bustie