PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 classic QUESTIONS AFTER RECURRENT TRAINING
Old 29th Nov 2005, 18:05
LEM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B737 QUESTIONS AFTER RECURRENT TRAINING

Hi all!

I've spent a few days on a recurrent training, and it's amazing as new questions always arise while talking to other people, even when you thought you knew something, maybe an instructor seems to be ABSOLUTELY convinced of what he's telling

So here's a short list of questions, some are interesting details, some are close to rubbish, but when some people seem to be so sure, you wonder if the earth is flat or round...

Let's see who can score more points!

1) Why the top of the yellow bar on the speed tape (the minimum maneuver speed ) is not coincident with the VREF and the green dot (flaps up maneuvering )?

Aren't they all supposed to be 1.3 VS??

2) On the ground you notice a difference of 7° degrees between the two IRS headings.
Can the airplane be dispatched?

3) Why is there a dead band on the elevators cables, and not on the ailerons cables?

4) Is it true the engine fire extinguisher does NOT reach the gearbox?

5) Once for all: is it necessary or not to put the Standby Power switch to BAT in order to REALLY check if the Inverter is capable of producing current?

6) Why in the Brake cooling Schedule table in the QRH the upper right data are missing?

I mean: is it not possible to abort at 140 knots at 60 tons at an elevation of 2000ft?
Yes, me thinks!

7) Why in the WINDOW HEAT OFF non normal cklist we don't have to pull the Windshiels air controls, while we do have to do it in the WINDOW OVERHEAT nncklist?
(The condition is the same, in both cases the windshields will not be heated).

8) If we lose the Battery Bus inflight, do the Pack valves remain open?

9) On airplanes that have a DCPCS, is it true there are THREE motors on the main outflow valve instead of two?

10) Discussing the ABORTED ENGINE START Recall Items, I've heard some people stating we do have to motor the engine after a shutdown due to NO OIL PRESSURE INDICATION by the time the engine is stabilized at idle!!!!
Can you believe that?

11) Is the radioaltimeter "directional"? I mean, does it read more if you are in a banked turn?

12) Is the dog going to FREEZE TO DEATH if they load it by mistake in the REAR cargo hold?
I'm absolutely convinced NOT, but someone is absolutely convinced YES, so it's a lot of fun, you know...

13) Is the ignition spark more intense in the FLT position?
I don't think so. It's just activated on both igniters.
Or...

LEM

Last edited by LEM; 30th Nov 2005 at 02:56.