PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2005, 16:16
747 Downwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ElNino:

In defense of Luke Sky Toddler.. I think he genuinely was unsure of why Astraeus were not employing all the cadets they (BOND) trained as F/Os.

quote: 'Being a pilot is about getting paid to do a job and the fact that Astraeus is now paying pilots to fly for them is a good step forward'

Are you suggesting that Astraeus didn't pay pilots to fly for them in the past. Lets get this right ElNino: BOND is a TRTO, they have now been bought out and are no longer part of Astraeus although the two companies will continue to work together closely. Astraeus is an airline, they pay pilots to fly for them. People like me self-fund ourselves, through BOND, and fly the line with Astraeus training captains. Then you either don't find a 737 job, get a job with another airline or get taken on by Astraeus (thus become no longer a part of BOND)

quote: 'LST and 747 Driver, you will feel the same way when you decide you would rather get paid to fly rather pay to be there'

When you refer to LST (I presume you mean Luke Sky Toddler).. I don't think he has stated that he is paying to fly or did I miss something? 747 Driver (I presume that's me), thanks to going through this scheme I am actually getting paid to fly now.. and no I don't feel the same way as you, I wish everybody could have jobs and if they have to pay to do it then so be it.

You imply that you are a critic by suggesting that you aren't bitter and that makes sense, but didn't you pay for your training.. Jerez, Oxford et al are expensive and even if you did get a full sponsorship cadets still get reduced salaries. We all pay some way or other.

The original post was answered by me and substantiated by Scroggs.. to what relevance does your post have in light of Luke Sky Toddler's initial question? I endeavour to give as much valuable advice to people on this forum so they can find their first airline job, just as I have been lucky to do so. This is what this particular forum is about.. if you don't believe me ask the moderators like Scroggs. This isn't about you or me, this is about the hundreds/ thousands? or unemployed wannabes out there. Now if you want to make some use of yourself, get off your moral high horse and start giving some advice to these wannabes about how you got a job flying the 146