PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JERSEY
Thread: JERSEY
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2005, 16:32
ASCIL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel The wonders of ASCIL

OA32

I'm not to sure how you got your thong in such a twist, but ASCIL are a great company. But like any company they have their problems.
BA pulled out of JER back in 1996 and since then Airline Services (CI) Ltd have been handeling them.
Seeing as all of the senior BA staff in JER were made redundent, they grouped together to form ASCIL. Naturally they do have a biased attitude towards BA and i think its understandable.
Only within the past few years have they taken on extras such as Air Southwest (WOW) and Twinjet (T7)
With Aviance pulling out of passenger handeling in JER and it being agreed that ASCIL would be taking this on, naturally several changes have been made quickly and people are still trying to get used to this. The fact that several Aviance members (of which are & were great to work with) have left, have been to do with personnal issues.
I hope this clears a few "issues" up.

OA 32's remarks regarding ServisAir in JER could not be closer to the truth. The latest rumour on the grape vine is that they are due to pull out of JER by 2007.
Anyone out there with more information on this....?

Last edited by ASCIL; 29th Nov 2005 at 17:36.