PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2005, 21:06
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Why are Astraeus advertising for experienced B737 / 757 FO's?

Just spotted this on www.climbto350.com

http://www.climbto350.com/job_search...52&action=next

Yes I know you can't see the advertisers details unless you're a member but I'll save you all the trouble of spending $US50 and tell you that it's Astraeus.

My question is why? One gets the overwhelming impression from these pages that there are people queueing up to buy type ratings and line training from them?

Surely if you've got a bunch of people standing around who've already paid for the privilege of a type rating and a bunch of line flying in accordance with the Astraeus SOP's, what's the economic sense of taking on someone from outside and training them up at your expense

Not having a go at Astraeus here just genuinely a bit surprised that's all, that a company that has a sideline selling type ratings and RHS time, also wants to advertise for drivers, what gives? Is the market for 737 pilots getting that tight?

Logical answer would be that everyone who has gone through the Astraeus thing in recent months has now found work elsewhere and that's wonderful if it's true, great advertising for Astraeus and I'd love to have it confirmed from one of the PPRUNE / Astraeus management types

On the other hand, are there any people out there who've done the Astraeus scheme recently and are now unemployed, have you got any comments to make about this?