PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this fair?
Thread: Is this fair?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2005, 17:04
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, let me explain how things work on contract life. I am forced to assume you've never done it.

You live and work with the same bunch of people, sharing the household duties in many cases. Many contract companies specifically look for 'team players', guys with team orientated problem solving skills, since they will have less problems and more solutions from them when they're out there. If you're not a team player, and either don't do your share or have personality clashes with others while on tour, you cost the company money, or lose points with the clients. It's quite simple actually. I, and many others on contract have experienced problems caused by non team players whilst away on tour. In general however I'm still amazed at the quality of people this profession manages to attract. I believe that these people should be given the opportunities they not only deserve, but have accumulated highly appropriate skills for.

Oh, and survival experts?!?! We don't actually live IN the bush, and hunt for our meals - we actually stay in houses, have cooked food etc. It seems you've taken the term 'bush flying' a little too literally.