PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL
Thread: BRISTOL
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2005, 16:17
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of questions that staff at BRS might be able to answer.

First, why was there no CO flight yesterday (Saturday)? Furthermore, according to the winter timetable, Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days not flown, yet both Mayfly and the CO booking website are showing a flight this coming Thursday. All seems a bit confusing.

Second, are there problems with Servisair at BRS?

My wife and I returned from PMI on Friday on board a Thomsonfly B 757 that landed at 1314 hours and it took fifteen minutes from the time we parked to get a set of steps to allow us to exit. The cabin manager was not a happy man and eventually the captain appeared from the flight deck looking equally unamused.

There was then what I can only describe as a leisurely unloading of hold baggage to the extent that the first bags did not appear on the carousel until 1401 and then came along in fits and starts thereafter. The aircraft was nowhere near full either. My second suitcase did not appear until 1415 and I was by no means the last person waiting at the carousel. This meant that it had taken fifty-six minutes from the time we parked on stand for both my suitcases to arrive.

The airport did not appear especially busy at the time and when I enquired the reason for the delay at the Servisair enquiry desk in Arrivals I received a very dismissive reply from the representative who said, “The chocks went on at 1319 after which the aircraft is available to be unloaded. These things happen sometimes.” Not a very helpful reply, and not something that reflects well on either Servisair or the airport.

I wonder whether staffing levels have been reduced too much this winter.

Last edited by MerchantVenturer; 27th Nov 2005 at 16:29.