PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belize jobs and money
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2005, 09:38
African Tech Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Belize jobs and money

I’ve read a bit of “Jobs in the region” and now know wages in Nicaragua can be really low – and done a search but :-

During doing some research about airlines / lease companies I came across an advert for an A&P in Belize – my current job is a bit “up & down” and I found myself thinking “that’s what I should do” , get a job somewhere interesting back actually fixing the things (I’m sort of “office bound” right now).
Then I started thinking “but would the salary be “enough”” – they didn’t show a salary so it would be “negotiation”.

So one question and one suggestion
Q – what would be a “living” salary for someone married with one child in Belize ?
S – could there be a “sticky” along the lines of “if offered less than X in Country Y – don’t take it – you’ll starve”.
(MOD - if this need to be suggested on each forum separately I’m happy to do that)

I doubt very much if I’d get the job if I did apply – they say “”suitable starting position for someone with some sheet metal experience” and I’m not “starting” and have done pylon mods on 74’s crown repairs on 111’s and D’d on 70’s (as well the normal 73, A320 etc etc) – so I’m probably “overqualified” – but the question did stick in my mind overnight and I’m sure a “sticky” would be interesting and useful to many.