PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Ag Association ? 4AS
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2005, 07:19
zakpeegoodus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“Personally I consider the membership fee a donation to the cause.”

A great way of looking at it!

What, your missus, or her hair appointment?

isn’t the whole point of an AG rating is to get on your ar$e, be it in an AG plane?

It is a shame when intelligent people need to resort to provocative langue in discussions…All the same, that you feel the need to thusdefend the AAAAs I take as a sign of your respect for them, which is a healthy situation.

“A lot of younger or perhaps newer pilots to the industry could be forgiven for not knowing just how close our industry has come over the years to either being legislated out of doing practical business or even simply shut down.”

Interesting point. Thanks for making it. When you invest much time, money and effort in obtaining an AG rating, your personal concerns of finding work take precedent over such broader issues of the industry. Once in a good job I am sure your priorities shift.
Meanwhile, thanks for reminding me of the boarder perspective. I now realize that the AAAAs have far more important tasks than providing even minimal information to non-members who are keen on joining the industry.
I had better not be a freeloader.